Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My 10 Favorite Whitney Houston Songs

February 11, 2012

Shocking news this morning was the passing of one of the musical icons of my youth, Whitney Houston.  Her incredible career both in recording and the movies from the second half of the 1980s to the 1990s was a force to reckon with.  Her marriage to bad boy Bobby Brown was surprising and was bad news from the start.  She got herself involved with drugs, which we know is a death knell for any career.  Her efforts in the 2000s could not seem to resurrect her previous glory.   



The release of the song "Million Dollar Bill" in 2009 showed promise of a comeback to her old form.  She was slated to star in a new movie "Sparkle" with Jordin Sparks this year (her first since "The Preacher's Wife" back in 1996), which was reportedly to have been a big comeback for her (LINK).  But alas, she will not see that happen anymore.  As of now, the details of her death are not yet known,  I just hope it is not related to drugs or a suicide.

Here are 10 best Whitney Houston songs for me:

1.  You Give Good Love (1985)



2.  How Will I Know (1985)



3.  If You Say My Eyes Are Beautiful (1986)


 4.  I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me) (1987)


5.  Didn't We Almost Have It All (1987)


6.  Love Will Save the Day (1988)


7.  Run to You (1993)


8.  Why Does it Hurt So Bad? (1996)


9.  I Believe in You and Me (1996)



10.  I Didn't Know My Own Strength (2009)



SPECIAL MENTION:

THE STAR-SPANGLED BANNER (1991)


No comments:

Post a Comment